Friday, August 04, 2006

Collective



There was a typo in one of my earlier entries in which I referred to a 'kimble of kittens'. In fact, it was more than a typo, it was a malapropism. Haven't done one of those in a long while! What I meant to say, of course, was 'kindle of kittens'.

The good folks at Wikipedia have a selection of interesting collective nouns but I rather like, in no particular order:

a church of squirrels
a bury of rabbits
a crash of rhinoceroses

On another note, the entry from the OED was taken with my camera phone which I've struggled to actually find a use for ever since I got it. Why aren't phones more interesting? they have lights, and gadgets, and programmable features... they should be more fun than they actually are...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A group of giraffes is called...

A Tower of Giraffes


Love, Peace and Happiness,
Loop (Giraffe lover extrordinaire!) :)
xxxx

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

advanced web statistics Locations of visitors to this page