Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Madeleine



This week, I have an incurable hankering for Madeleine. This is not about France: I didn't see - let alone eat - a single one of these scallop/space-ship/boat-shaped treats while I was out there this year. But I have a hankering for them all the same: I want to eat lots of them, checking each bulb for alien life-forms; checking the underside for algae and barnacles, as I do.

I also feel an irresistable urge to make them. The madeleine pictured here were bought in a shop. But, today, I ordered madeleine tins, so the next madeleines to appear on this blog will be made by me. Meanwhile, I have to be content with photographing them in the style of Yarnstorm to create at least the illusion of homemadedness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

advanced web statistics Locations of visitors to this page