Friday, September 22, 2006

Indecisive Moment



For a split-second, this had the potential of being a perfect image. The two nuns in their habits were strongly backlit by the semi-opaque wall of Leeds Railway Station, a place as secular as any yet strangely replete with crosses and crucifixes if you look hard enough.

But I stalled. I was tired. And I felt a little embarassed about photographing nuns from the other side of the platform. And I hesitated. And, consequently, I missed the shot. A decisive moment - that perhaps only I witnessed - lost, forever. I am very, very sorry.

The moral of the story? If you're obsessed enough to carry your camera around with you on the off-chance something photographable comes your way, be obsessed enough to use it when the time comes.

This is my camera. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My camera is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My camera without me is useless. Without my camera, I am useless. I must fire my camera true...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DonĀ“t be sorry, I think you did the
right thing...

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

advanced web statistics Locations of visitors to this page