Monday, October 02, 2006

I Megaphone

Years ago, I bought I Megaphone, the debut album of a young singer-songwriter called Imogen Heap. It was by far the most fantastic album I owned, and sitting as it did alongside the Rankin Family, easily the coolest. I don't know why I bought it, but it's never been one I've regretted, not that buying a bad CD is something to mourn over for all eternity.

But, then, Imogen Heap vanished. And, then, she came back with a band called Frou Frou. And then she recorded her second solo album, Speak for Yourself. Securing the spots at the end of The Garden State, Shrek 2, Chronicles of Narnia and the season finale of the OC soundtracks catapulted her into the stardom she always deserved. And, last night, I got to see her in concert.

Awesome.

Immi was sometimes mysterious and sultry:



...always impassioned...



...occasionally angry...



..and had a far quirkier sense of humour than her music will sometimes have you believe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

advanced web statistics Locations of visitors to this page