Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Shooting RAW at 800ASA in low light conditions

Okay, okay - I know it's a nerdy title - but I read this cool article today Tony Spore's excellent www.fourthirdsphoto.com, all about how 800ASA on an E-1 wasn't so noisy if you got the exposure spot-on. They only experimented with the big-memory RAW files and I've only ever done JPEG... and I could see that their results were better than mine... So what better way to pass an evening than playing with my camera (and then sitting down to Spooks/MI-5 which starts in twenty minutes?) Results... still visible noise on the RAW file, but Kodak's Digital GEM Pro seemed to handle the noise with much more aplomb than usual. As always, the black and white conversion was done with TheImagingFactory's excellent Black and White convertor...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

advanced web statistics Locations of visitors to this page