Monday, July 03, 2006

Woolfest 2006: Part I

So, this weekend, I went to Woolfest. In a car. Which is silver-coloured. Silver is interesting: it has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal...Cars are also interesting: the very first car, for example, had just a 4hp, two-stroke motor and was considered something of a novelty which people called 'horseless carriage'...

I don't really want to write about Woolfest. I really enjoyed it, and a lady dressed as a medieval nun let me have a go at weaving and was very complimentary about the pitiful little patch I produced. And I liked the farmer who led the sheep-shearing demonstration, too, who sheared sheep as easily as the rest of us peel oranges, and who looked like she wouldn't take any crap from anybody. I liked the consumately smiley Lithuanians; and Debbie the button girl; and Jenny, who felts camel-hair and turns it into three-dimensional sculptures of pigs, or mallards-not-of-this-world...

But I went with Susoolu, and blueadt,and they met up with a whole bunch other people, like WoolyWormhead (whom you'll hear about another day), and Mother of WoolyWormhead and, if there are two things these folks have in common, it's knitting. And blogging about knitting.

What can a little dog possibly have to say that's interesting about Woolfest, when it's already being covered by so many widely read blogs written by die-hard knitters? In fact, I'm a little worried that I'm mentioning Woolfest just once too many times. There could be Googlebots, crawling through this site and directing would-be knitsmen and knitswomen to this very blog! (Memo to self: check Technorati to see if this comes up under Woolfest 2006. And stop mentioning Woolfest.)

You see, for those of you who don't know any knitters, knitting to knitters is as noble and as simple as religion:



And Woolfest, a veritable temple of knit, was brimful with the most single-minded knitters to ever grace the face of the earth, knitters 'high and solitary and most stern' who wore wool and woolen accessories, on their wrists, in their hair, on their feet, inspite of th'heat'o'th'sun.

But, now I think about it, I remember that there were animals there, plenty of animals. And, being a little dog, I knows lots about animals...

2 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

Wonderful photo & I enjoyed your company!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

vbg! - I suspect you mentioned Woolfest just about enough to send the googlebots into overdrive! Sounds like you had a good time though

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

advanced web statistics Locations of visitors to this page